- Organize the organization’s project portfolio in a single place.
- Establish a portfolio delivery plan and monitor progress.
- Track project performance and compare to forecast. Store results and learnings.
- Review and identify dependencies
- Establish clear governance structures for stakeholders to understand governance of the project portfolio.
- Define a standard set of investment criteria to be used to appraisal and prioritization.
- Apply phased releases of funding based on project life-cycle
PRINCE2 is part of a suite of guidance developed by the UK Office of Governmant Commerce (OGC). MoP (Management of Portfolios) is one other of the pieces in OGC’s best-practice guidance.
The MoP (Management of Portfolios) guidance provides senior executives and practitioners responsible for planning and implementing change, with a set of principles, techniques and practices to introduce or re-energize portfolio management.
MoP helps organizations answer the fundamental questions: Are we sure this investment is right for us and how will it contribute to our strategic objectives?
Copyright © PRINCE2How2 - How to implement PRINCE2 in your organization