You will not be able to succeed with your project or your PRINCE2 implementation in your organization if you cannot get the support from your Project Board(s). If you want to please the Project Board, you need to make it easy to be a Project Board member. Here are a few advices:
- Do not kill your Project Board with PRINCE2 terminology and document names.
- Do not ask your board to review a dozen documents for the third time. Present the findings you intend to document, get their feedback and send them the final version instead of a draft document.
- Find ways to show your board that you are focused on project objectives and benefits.
- Make it easy for them to understand the plan and status by sharing visualized overviews.
- When issues arises, present alternative solutions and always come with a thought through recommendation.
The Project Board is responsible for the overall direction and management of the Project. Note that the Project Board is not a democracy controlled by vote. The Project Board is chaired by the Executive who is ultimately responsible.
Go to the PRINCE2 Organization page to read more about the PRINCE2 Project Board and PRINCE2 Roles.
The PRINCE2 Project Manager’s Most Important Task
PRINCE2 Issue Report - Structure Gives You Credit....
Copyright © PRINCE2How2 - How to implement PRINCE2 in your organization